Suitable for employers, clubs, groups and councils, we can provide a range of cycling training programs for novice riders as well as those who are comfortable on a bike.
Our cycling programs help build cycling and on-road confidence, giving individuals the skills to safely and comfortably commute by bike.
Find out how we can assist your
workplace, club or group:
Introduction to cycling:
3 – 4 hours, up to 14 participants
This program is tailored for novice riders who can ride a bike, and do most of their riding on bike paths, but wants to commute and/or use their bike for shopping trips. There are three key elements to this program;
- Introduction to bike maintenance (including changing a tube, lubing a chain, adjusting saddle)
- Introduction to road rules, signaling, turning – practical, but in a safe environment
- On-road riding practice – getting participants used to riding on the road, albeit on separated lanes
On road cycling confidence:
2 hours, up to 8 participants
This program targets those who can ride competently and want to take the next step – to commuting, using their bike for shopping and a means of transport – as opposed to recreation. The elements of this session are:
- Route planning (off-road/classroom)
- Guided rides, including a refresher on road rules
- Practice commutes in a small group